!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Made in Japan 12Bit Oscilloscope by IWATSU NEW DS-8000 Series  (Read 272 times)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
To me this is a topic of important news.

In the past twelve months, two factory from China, they did introduce 12bit Oscilloscope at theoretically cost effective pricing.
Later on it were discovered, that both competitors, avoid making complete debug prior product release.

I personally lost interest and stopped monitoring this dog fight between Siglent and Rigol.
And focused my eyes at GW Instek, because I was expecting something more reliable to arrive from them as 12bit engine.

Somewhere at December 2023, IWATSU Japan this introduced their DS8000 series of 12bit Oscilloscope.
Base model this is DS-8034
350MHz
4ch
15.6" Full-HD(1920×1080 ) screen.

These news did not traveled anywhere, because IWATSU its well know so far about their old school products marketing.
In the positive side of things, its close to impossible to find unfinished products with a made in Japan label.

IWATSU DS-8000 Series this is offered at three options of bandwidth.
1GHz, 500MHz, 350MHz.

Then they are two more options,  8ch or 4ch per bandwidth.
The sum appears to be six models in total so to choose from.

Currently I am trying to talk with powers that be at IWATSU, so to discover pricing range of DS-8000.
In the end of the day, they might not care to compete with low-end market,  they might wish to play hard ball and to compete with the other three top ranked brands?
Or they might care most getting market share within Japan?

For now just consider this topic as history recording, of first ever 12 bit Japanese Oscilloscope / product release   
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Offline overvolt

• Industrial installer Electrician
  • Global Moderator
Re: Made in Japan 12Bit Oscilloscope by IWATSU NEW DS-8000 Series
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2024, 06:35:49 PM »
I did read IWATSU product specifications, while they do talk about 12Bit scope, scope front-end measuring precision this is not great.

If they care to compete at western markets, then they should do much more than simply talking within their website.

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix