!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: OMEGA 4998 CB TV1 FM AIR PB WB portable multi band radio specifications  (Read 489 times)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
This afternoon I am trying to repair unsuccessfully the damage that China did to Europe 35 years ago.
And this is that we are unable to locate the source. 

This topic is about a portable multi band radio with bands for  CB TV1 FM AIR PB WB

This import circulated under the brands.
OMEGA 4998 multi band radio
RAA 110   multi band radio
SUPERTECH NE-85 multi band radio

I did got my unit at 1996,  I had just start a freelancer activity about electronics repairs in a Greek island.
And I wanted a radio receiver so to be able to test my microphone repairs over VHF transmitters.
OMEGA 4998 it was not cheap, but it was cheaper than owning VHF transmitter unit and or a CB transmitter unit.

This thing its an analogue wide band receiver,  its hard to tune it precisely at radio stations with poor signal.
But for close range tests, its a useful tool.

Today I did take my unit apart for in depth cleaning, I did blow out some dust, and cleaned both potentiometer ( Squelch and Volume).
I did also some web search about this unit User manual, but I found only the specifications page.

Bellow is an image gallery of my web finds :)

If we leave aside the false marketing.  :P
This thing has three bands.
CB Band
FM Band 58 ~ 108 MHz (unified TV1 + FM) 
VHF band  106 ~176 MHz

For anyone wonder if its legal to own such a radio in our days?
I think that worldwide the Police and other organizations, now are using advanced systems, and this vintage radio it can receive anything still exist this using analog modulation.
Its still usable as FM radio, with an enormous amount of battery power.    :)
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix