!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Summer time and PC workstation test with latest Memtest86+ v7.00  (Read 186 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Memtest86+ its well known from ages,  its reliable memory and system diagnostic.

======================================================
Memtest86+ is a stand-alone memory tester for x86 and x86-64 architecture computers.
It provides a more thorough memory check than that provided by BIOS memory tests.
Memtest86+ can be loaded and run either directly by a PC BIOS (legacy or UEFI) or via an intermediate bootloader that supports the Linux 16-bit, 32-bit, 64-bit, or EFI handover boot protocol.
It should work on any Pentium class or later 32-bit or 64-bit x86 CPU.
======================================================

At 2024 it is released the freshest version.
Nowadays the only option to use it is due USB pen drive.

Older Memtest86+ (year 2020) V5.31b this is last one available with ISO package to to burn a Boot CD.

====================

I did use today Memtest86+ v7.00,  because I wanted to check the software along my PC workstation condition and Health.
Summer time just started in Greece,  environmental temperature (outdoor) gets high up to 35C so far.
Indoor temperature at 30C.
At these conditions all air-cooled PC they start to boost RPM of all active DC fan.  :)

I did use as opportunity the latest version of Memtest86+ v7.00, so to test my entire PC and to  inspect / detect any unseen risk.
CPU cooler performance = Pass
DDR modules health =  Pass
Motherboard health = Pass
PSU health = Pass

And so I am  happy with the test results.  :)
Five months ago I did install new pair of HDD in RAID-1, and I cleaned all internals too (no dust clog).

About the software alone,  I noted something strange.
First testing cycle this completed in 20 minutes,  but the second cycle this took much longer, and or double the time?
First PASS shown is 20 minutes
Second PASS this completed in 40 minutes.
Two test cycles with in 1H : 04 Minutes (Total 16GB RAM installed) 

My workstation PC, this is build with attention to detail, expensive hardware along High-End Air cooling.
I am unable to understand of why this benchmark time counter, gave such results.

At the entire benchmark duration 1H : 04 Minutes, my CPU were at 55C as Average, and peaked to 60C as Max.
At such conditions there is no thermal CPU throttling.

Either way, I will keep my positive impression, that my personal PC workstation has nothing to fear, about surviving of another one summer time, and even at heat wave conditions.  ;)

Download link:
https://www.memtest.org/
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix