!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Electrical energy Use of DMM and Data-log of 50Hz stability - Risk assessment  (Read 2347 times)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
At residential electrical systems, only a nerd will Data-log of 50Hz stability ?

Standard EN 50160 – Voltage Characteristics of Public Distribution Systems, this describes other than the  percentage of allowed voltage fluctuation, and the aloud 50Hz fluctuation.
Long story in sort,  solar parks nearby large city, these are also responsible for any power quality degradation.

I had never focus before measuring 50Hz from the power grid for an hour.
I am located in Greece, Summer time,  outdoor 35C, and other than regular electrical supply needs,  the grid it now also stressed due the use of Air condition units.

The electrical standard ( the one that I could find for free), this defines for HZ  +/- 1%, and or 49.5 ~ 50.05 HZ 

In my case I did data log for only for 60 minutes,  and I did spotted two events be close to alerting levels.
Naturally any one interested to actually evaluate delivered energy at his own location, he should run his own power quality assessment.         

We electricians, we mistakable believe that 240V AC monitoring this is of significance, but at the end of the day ACV fluctuation tolerances this is at 10%.
When HZ this has a narrow of 1% of allowed fluctuation (tolerance)..

Note:
Under normal operating conditions the Electricity System Operator (ESO) is obligated to maintain the system frequency between 49.8 and 50.2 Hz.
Under exceptional circumstances (e.g. loss of a large generator) the frequency should not deviate outside the range 49.5 to 50.5Hz for more than 60 seconds.

In conclusion, at the incident which I recorded almost accidentally, as I was testing the data-logging software, I did record that my ESO, it did succeed to manage and or correct the instability, within the period of 60 seconds.

If my ESO, was unable to do so, this translates that his systems they do lacking reliability.  ;)

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Offline Andrew-88

• job title: Electrician
Nice catch of a fish.    ;D

So deddie.gr it did passed the test at Volos - Greece.   

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Yes at the specific event they did.  :)

But for a true local ESO evaluation, 50Hz data log it should performed weekly, monthly, yearly. ;)
This is of how they do it in U.K.

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix